Super Steel Shot
Super Steel Shot is exceptionally durable – due to its low friability, the impact of blasting actually further tempers the shot so that its hardness increases over time, allowing the media to deliver consistent, repeatable performance over thousands of cycles. As produced, our Super Steel Shot has a hardness of 40-50HRC. And thanks to its extremely low breakdown rate, virtually no dust is produced.
Delivering high-impact energy and fast cleaning rates, Super Steel Shot is used to for heavy scouring and to produce very bright finishes.
Advantages of Super Steel Shot
- 200 to 1000 times recyclable, depending on hardness, velocity, type of job and carry out losses
- Versatile - can be used on Wheel Blast Machines and Pressure Operated Blast Systems
- High Density and strength for fast blast rate and low dust
- Super Steel Shot is manufactured according to the International Standards SAE J444 and SAE
Available Sizes (according to SAE J444 specs):
|C||0.85 - 1.20%|
|Mn||0.60 - 1.20%|
|Si||0.50 - 1.20%|
|Microstructure:||Homogeneous tempered Martensite and Baintite|
|Hardness:||40-50HRC (see our hardness index)|
- In 55lb bags; 2200 lb sacs; Steel drums.