2 and 3 Cuft Classic Blast Machines
High-performance, versatile blast cleaning system removes contamination, corrosion, mill scale, and coatings from most surfaces. Produces a uniform surface texture, and creates a surface profile to increase bonding for coatings.
Model 1642 holds 2 cubic feet of abrasive providing approximately 15 minutes of blasting at 80 psi with a No. 5 (5/16-inch) nozzle.
Model 1648 holds 3 cubic feet of abrasive providing approximately 15 minutes of blasting at 100 psi with a No. 6 (3/8-inch) nozzle.
Requirements for Operation
These items are required but not included with this equipment:
- Clean, dry, compressed air of sufficient volume to maintain desired pressure at the nozzle. Refer to Air Consumption Chart in Blast Off 2 booklet (publication stock no. 09294).
- Minimum of 50 psi needed to close the pop-up valve and pressurize the blast machine.
- OSHA-required remote control system that interrupts blasting if operator should lose control of the nozzle when blast machine is pressurized.
- NIOSH-approved, type CE, supplied-air respirator.
- Grade D breathing-air supply as defined by Compressed Gas Association Commodity Specification: G-7.1 (Refer to www.cganet.com).
- Abrasive blast media specifically marketed for abrasive blasting and appropriate for your application.
- Appropriate blast suit, work boots, hearing and eye protection.
Description of Operation
The operator controls blasting from a remote control handle at the nozzle. Pressing the handle starts blasting; releasing it stops blasting. The blast machine contains abrasive and meters it into the compressed air stream.
- One-man portable industrial-quality blast machines manufactured to ASME code.
- Industrial-quality valves, piping and fittings designed to maximize air flow and minimize energy required to operate the system.
- FSV abrasive metering valve maintains smooth, consistent, adjustable media flow.
- Approvals and Certifications
- Clemco’s quality management system is ISO 9001-2000 certified.
Blast machine pressure vessel built to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) specifications for 150-psi working pressure. Vessel is hydrostatically tested and National Board-certified.
Remote control system complies with OSHA regulation 1910.244 (b).
Clemco's Classic machines are available in capacities 1/2 to 20 Cuft.
23339 - Classic Blast Machines and Remote Controls
24186 - 0.5 Cuft Classic Blast Machine System
24187 - 1 Cuft Classic Blast Machine System
24879 - 3 Cuft Classic Blast Machine System
24880 - 6 Cuft Classic Blast Machine System
21117 - Sentinel Abrasive Metering Valve
21957 - RLX Remote Control Handles (Pneu & Electric)
21968 - Blast Machine Screens & Covers