Opta Minerals CERABEADS® - Spherical Ceramic Sand for Foundry
Spherical Ceramic Sand for Foundry - Opta Minerals CERABEADS®, a cost effective replacement for zircon sand.
Advantages of Opta Minerals CERABEADS®
- Thermal Expansion Control
- Reduced Waste and Health Hazard
- Wide Choice of Particle size
- High Reclamation Yield
CERABEADS® is lighter than other special sand.
1) Bulk density is measured after vibration.
2) Volume ratio is calculated by following formula.
Volume ratio = CERABEADS® density / Other sand density
CERABEADS® has very High Heat Resistance.
1) Sand is heated at 1500 C (2732 F).
2) Fused sand is separated by sieve.
3) Heat Resistance is calculated by following formula.
Heat Resistance = weight under sieve/Total weight x 100 (%)
CERABEADS® has High Durability (= Low Crushing Ratio). It is possible to Reduce Sand Waste and Increase Sand Reclamation Yield.
1) Sand is crushed by pot mill with alumina ball.
2) AFS GFN is measured.
3) Crushing ratio is calculated by following formula.
Crushing ratio = Crushed AFS-GFN / Original AFS-GFN x 100 (%)
CERABEADS® is good sand to control thermal expansion of core by mixing to silica sand.
1) Test piece is formed in shell process.
2) Thermal expansion is measured under 1000 C (1832 F).
CERABEADS® provides good heat transfer when used with black iron oxide.
1) Test piece is formed in sodium silicate process
2) The size of the test piece is 230 x 115 x 50mm.
3) Heat Transfer is measured under room temperature.
|CERABEADS® #650+Spherical Black Iron Oxide 4%||0.721|
|CERABEADS® #650+Spherical Black Iron Oxide 8%||0.849|
- Alkid Isocyanate
- Green sand
- Phenolic Ester & CB
- Phenolic Urethane - NB & CB
- Sodium Silicate etc
Particle Size Distribution, % (Typical Value)
|mesh||1.0-0.2 mm||#400||#500||#550||#650||#750||#850||#950||#1450||#1300||#1700||µ m|
CERABEADS® IS MANUFACTURED BY:
ITOCHU CERATECH CORPORATION
11-4, Shiokusa-cho, Seta-shi
Aichi, 489-0895, JAPAN